Pages

Monday, November 06, 2006

Motivational Mondays

I really like collecting quotes; be they inspirational, funny, or just a statement that really sums up in a few words how I feel about a particular issue. So I've decided that every Monday, I will share one of these little golden nuggets with you. Enjoy!

“If you would not be forgotten,
as soon as you are dead and rotten,
either write things worth reading,
or do things worth writing.” – Benjamin Franklin

My goal in life is to actually do BOTH - to write things worth reading and to do things worth writing about. Feel free to post a comment with your favorite quote. I'd love to collect some new ones.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Good quote... I'm looking forward to you trying to top this next week!

Elizabeth C. said...

I read this anonymous quote in Reader's Digest years ago and it's been one of my favorites ever since:

"The decision to have a child is the decision to forevermore have your heart walking around on the outside of your body." ~ Unknown

D.L. White said...

Ah - that's a good one! Some friends of ours used that quote on their baby announcements. A very acurate description of what it feels like to be a parent...