Pages

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

You know you're a fan of LOST if...

Tonight is the season finale for the Season 3, Fall section of LOST. (New episodes start up again in February for the Spring section of Season 3). So in honor of my favorite show, I thought I'd give it some blog time.

I've seen lists like this before for other TV shows, but have yet to see one for LOST. So I thought I'd go ahead and make one. Please feel free to add to it by posting your own observations about obsessive LOST fan behavior in the Comments section!

Namaste!

YOU KNOW YOU'RE A FAN OF LOST...

-- if you say “dude” a lot

-- if you’ve burned out your tivo by pausing, rewinding, slow-advancing, etc. scenes from the show to pick up on clues.

-- if, instead of saying “goodbye,” you say “catch you in anotha life, brotha”.

-- if the last time there was a large lottery jackpot in your area, you played the numbers 4 8 15 16 23 42. (guilty)

-- if you know the meaning behind the following words: losties, tailies, the numbers, the hatch, the fuselage, turniphead, freckles, the Others, Benry, Hanso foundation, Dharma initiative.

-- if you purchased the book “Bad Twin”. (guilty)

-- if your favorite rock band is Driveshaft.

-- if you quote Locke and Mr. Eko about coincidences and fate in your Monday night Bible study class. (ahem…Miss Laura…)

-- if you are constantly in fear of being attacked by a polar bear, regardless of the fact you live nowhere near the Arctic.

-- if you thought Oceanic was a real airlines.

-- if you suddenly have a desire to learn Korean.

-- if you named your pet dog Vincent.

-- if you know the punch line to the joke “What did one snowman say to the other snowman?”

-- if you checked your toothpaste tube to see if it was manufactured by the Widmore Corporation.

-- if you meet someone named Walter and have a sudden urge to scream “Waaaaalt” at the top of your lungs.

-- if you drive 28 miles out of town each Wednesday, just to watch the show in HD on your friends’ flat screen TV. (guilty)

-- if every 108 minutes you have a sudden and unexplainable urge to push a button on your keyboard.

-- if you find yourself wondering if the chicken from Mr. Cluck’s Chicken Shack is better than KFC.

-- if you have planned your next vacation to Australia.

-- if you write a post about LOST on your blog. (guilty)

12 comments:

Ragamuffin said...

rotfl - those were hilarious! what a riot!

shawn

D.L. White said...

Thanks! :D

You've got a big brain and a quick wit - surely you can come up with a few to add to it...?

Elizabeth C. said...

Ok...I've been observing "Lost" from afar (watching an episode here and there and seeing the trailers each week). I admit that my curiousity has been peaked but I was trying to avoid adding yet another show to my list of guilty pleasures. Well, I guess I'm going to have to break down and get addicted! Season 1 is laying on my coffee table just waiting to be viewed.

Loved the list, even though I only got a few of the references. Hopefully, I'll catch up soon.
:-)

D.L. White said...

How exciting! I can't wait to see what you think of it! I hope you like it. :)

astraughnomer said...

well...you guys (i believe it was...) got us hooked on 24, maybe lost will be next. although we haven't started watching it yet. :)

nice yoga greeting, btw. :) i am a big fan, in fact, matt got me a subscription to "yoga journal" for my birthday and i got my first issue today, which i can't wait to read!!

i am feeling better...thanks. :)

D.L. White said...

Uh...yoga greeting...? Is "storm in a tea cup" a yoga greeting? I think I accidentally said something that must be used in yoga terminology...

I've always been curious of yoga, because so many people swear by it.

hyacinthinemoon said...

That was great! Very creative and funny! I am actually guilty of a lot of those things. I say, "brotha" sometimes, and "dude" in the Hurley way. I still have to get a copy of "Bad Twin" though. Have you started reading it yet? I actually started to miss hearing, "WALTTTT" screamed in season III.

D.L. White said...

I haven't started the "Bad Twin" book yet, but maybe that's a good idea. It will give me something to satisfy my LOST cravings until the 2nd half of the season starts in February!

Laura said...

I think there are no "co"incidences, only "God"incidences. He has the ultimate plan for the world and His will is perfect. I use that quote a lot, I didn't make the LOST connection until you pointed it out. It sounds like I'm so obsessed with LOST that I can't go to Bible study without talking about it, I'm so embarrassed!

D.L. White said...

Hey Laura - maybe you thought of it first and the LOST writers stole it from you!!! :P

hyacinthinemoon said...

The most interesting thing about the last episode was something small, but I can't get it out of my head. Remember when Alex comes running out with her sling shot and get's apprehended by the Others? Later on Benry is in the comera room, and he is talking to Juliette, and he asks her, "did you get Alex?" and she says "yes" and then he asks her, "Did she ask for me?" and Juliette says, "no." So then Benry pauses slightly.

Ok, so what does that mean? I pointed this out to my Mom, and she didn't even remember that conversation. However, once she thought about it she told me, "do you suppose that Alex thinks Benry is her dad?" even though most poeple believe that Alex is Rouseau's daughter that was stolen.

What do you guys think? Did anyone else catch this?

astraughnomer said...

yay, now i get it! :) we're almost finished w/ season 2...and better find a way to see season 3, and fast. :)

"Namaste" is a traditional yoga salutation. but now i know the connection to the show...

and yes, i am one of the "ones" (not the "others"!) that swears by yoga. it is wonderful.