Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Drink up, me hearties, yo ho!

Avast, maties! Be you aware that Wednesday, September 19th is talk like a pirate day? 'Tis a holiday thought up by two scurvy dogs, Cap’n Slappy 'n Ol’ Chumbucket.

If ye be a sea-fearin' landlover, then I might be suggestin' you read this here tome. It has e'ry blastin' thing ye needs must know to lay tongue liker authentic pirate, by the devil's twisted tail. It has a noble place on me bookshelf. (Yeah, I own it. I'm a language-nerd. I'll admit it.) Ye may plunk down 5 gold doubloons at the mighty Amazon to acquire it!

Fer today, I be "Black Charity Flint," the bonniest lass ever to sail the seven seas. Find yer true pirate name, by taking this here quiz. Here's what the bloody thing said about me...

"Black Charity Flint
Like anyone confronted with the harshness of robbery on the high seas, you can be pessimistic at times. Like the rock flint, you're hard and sharp. But, also like flint, you're easily chipped, and sparky. Arr!"

Yo ho, yo ho - a pirate's life for me!

Post Script - If any of ye scalawags dare to challenge me to a game of Dread Pirate - just say the word. I'll blast you to Davy Jones' locker!

3 comments:

Mike Olbinski said...

A well written blog, I almost would think you were a pirate in your previous life :)

I can't talk like a pirate at all, so I leave it to the experts. All I know how to do is:

Arrrrrgghhhhh Matey!

D.L. White said...

Thanks! In this case, I give all the credit to my pirate book for helping me to sound "authentic" in this post. It's an awesome grammar guide. (Although completely useless, except for this one day of the year - or whenever we play our Dread Pirate board game.)

"Arrgh" is the most important thing to know how to use - so you're already half way there!

Kathleen said...

Happy Pirate's Day Mates! I am also impressed by your pirate grammar.