Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Schrutebucks, Pam-Pong and the Temp

Are you ready for the new season of The Office tonight? It's been a long time since I've been this excited that it was a Thursday. It will be interesting to see how they handle the next phase of Jim and Pam's relationship. I'm also curious to see what "the temp" will be doing to "take Dunder-Mifflin into the 21st century", now that he's been promoted. How is Kelly handling Ryan's promotion? And has Jan driven Michael crazy yet? It should be a fun season.

My favorite quote from the show - it's hard to pick just one - but for right now, I appreciate this quote from Pam:

"I don't think it would be the worst thing if they let me go, because...well...it's just...I don't think it's many girls' dream to be a receptionist."

My favorite prank Jim pulled on Dwight? That one is also hard to choose but I would say the top 3 are:
1. when Jim was sending Dwight faxes from himself from the future,
2. when Jim relocated Dwight's desk to the bathroom, or
3. when Jim convinced Dwight he had mind powers.
Oh, and a runner-up? When Jim convinced Dwight he was turning into a vampire. Classic.

Do you watch the show? If so, what's your favorite quote from the show? What's your favorite Jim/Dwight prank? Your favorite moment or favorite episode? Leave me a comment and let me know. I'll pay you one Schrutebuck or ten Stanley Nickels for every comment left! :P

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite office moment was when Jim did his Dwight impression. It was just the teaser to one of the shows but I laughed hysterically!!!! I love this show. Thursday night rules!

D.L. White said...

"Bears...beets...Battlestar Galactica."

That one was hilarous! Thanks for sharing. You get one Shrutebuck! :P

Laura said...

I actually woke up this morning with a smile because this is the only show I watch that will have new episodes airing this fall (boo for Lost and 24). Since I'm a fairly recent "Office" convert, it wouldn't be fair for me to name just one favorite. The writers are very gifted for the particular genre they are writing for and I laugh at something in every episode.

However, if pressed to pick I would have to say one of my favorite moments from this past season was the last 10 seconds of the season ender when Ryan got the call for the corporate job.

That is so much like real life... you work for "the suit" for years and then they take a temporary employee right out from under you and promote him to a shiny new job in New York! Ugh.

The Trousered Ape said...

Wow - favorite quote will be hard to peg, because I like so many of them.

I'll take, in no particular order:
1. Those are the money beets.
2. Well then, you should estimate me then.
3. Nobody is disgruntled here, we are all gruntled.
4. What's up ma'nerds? (ok - this is by far my favorite qoute) - lol

Favorite moment/episode? wow - very difficult to pick because they are all so funny. Funniest scene was Andy floating in the fat suit in the second to last episode of last season - hilarious. I also like "Pretzel Day" and when Michael and Dwight have the fight at the Karate club.

But there are sooooo many good shows - really difficult to tell.

Favorite prank - Dwight receiving faxes from himself from the future was hilarious. Also, Jim hiding Andy's phone in the ceiling was pretty funny too.

Favorite character? (Yeah, I know - you didn't ask, but I'm telling you anyway...) Toby, Jim, Pam and Kevin, and the warehouse guys.

Shawn