Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

8 Random Things About My Kitchen

I have been tagged by my friend Laura. Unfortunately, it is about one of my least favorite things to talk about - my kitchen. For those of you who read my blog regularly, you are already aware of my cooking skills (or lack thereof - the only thing I know how to make is reservations), but this should prove to be entertaining if nothing else, so here we go.

1. I can't remember the last time I used my stove. Seriously. Although I will be using it tomorrow, because I have to make a cake for my friend's Halloween party. The stove is actually my mom's - when she sold her house, she didn't want to let her nice flat glass top stove go with it, so we switched it out with our ancient stove. It's a nice stove. It's a shame it doesn't see more use.

2. We need a new garbage disposal. It's been dead for a while.

3. I always dreamed of having a kitchen that had windows above the sink, so you could at least have a nice view and blissfully daydream while you did dishes. Coincidentally, this house has that. Bad news is it doesn't make doing the dishes any more bearable. I hate doing dishes almost as much as I hate cooking, if not more.

4. Contents of the freezer: a pint of Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia, a pint of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, a reusable ice pack, a couple of ancient foil-wrapped packets, probably containing freezer-burned hamburger.

5. Contents of the refrigerator: cans of soda, milk, a take-out container of leftovers, various condiments, one lonely apple, a jar of pickles.

6. I have a collection of ceramic teapots and teacups, including a teacup and saucer I got in London. (The best tea I EVER had was in London.) I love tea and actually have an electric teapot instead of a coffeemaker.

7. In one of the cabinets is a raclette. Our friend Sylvie, who is from France, hosted a raclette dinner for us and we loved it. She ended up buying the raclette for us last Christmas and we've used it a couple times. It's a great way to host a dinner party because you don't have to cook. You just prep the food and all the guests cook their own. You can read more about it here.

8. My favorite thing about my kitchen is all the pictures on my refrigerator of my friends and their kids. :-)

Whew! It was hard to come up with eight things. Now I tag Kathleen and Elizabeth!

3 comments:

Mike Olbinski said...

So if we ever wanted to have dinner together, it would definitely be at our place, or at a restaurant is what you're saying :)

D.L. White said...

Uh...yep. Either that or we order pizza in. lol :P

The Trousered Ape said...

Unfortunately - you always seem to be vacationing when we want to get together...lol

Although - it might be high-time to have another LOTR marathon...

Shawn