Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Alfred Hitchcock Presents

This is just one example of many reasons why I love the month of October. It's hands-down my favorite month.

This Saturday, October 20th, the AMC movie channel (DirecTV channel 254) will be running an Alfred Hitchcock movie marathon all day. The marathon includes some of my favorites, such as The Trouble with Harry, Rear Window and Psycho. Here's the full schedule for the day on the AMC website.

Hitchcock was an amazing, innovative director who really knew how to tell a story. I always enjoyed his movies, but gained an even deeper appreciation for his artistry after taking a film class in college. Pure genius.

I also loved watching his TV show, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, in re-runs as a kid, and have discovered they've found a new life on the Chiller channel (DirecTV channel 257).

Anyway, you know what I'll be doing this Saturday! Leave me a comment and let me know what your favorite Hitchcock movie is!

6 comments:

The Trousered Ape said...

The Trouble with Harry and Rear Window - fantastic movies - love them both!!!

:)

Shawn

D.L. White said...

I think my favorites would be:
1. Rear Window
2. Psycho
3. The Trouble with Harry
But it's hard to choose - I love them all!

Elizabeth C. said...

I like Psycho (scary!!!) and Rear Window. I too remember watching "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" as a kid with my dad. Fun!

Kathleen said...

Your making me wish I had this channel at home!!!!!! You know how I LOVE Hitchcock to death! There are so many of his films I haven't seen yet too.

I was to see Vertigo and The Trouble with Harry!

I have so far seen:
Birds
Psycho
Rear Window
Strangers on a Train
Dial M for Murder

Kathleen said...

I just saw "Vertigo" last week. It was very interesting. It was not what I expected. It is very psycological and twisted. I think the most twisted part is when the main character played by J. Stewart makes his new girl friend dress up, do her hair and make up like this woman he was infatuated with who he thinks has died. The look on his face is just so demented and weird. You ask youself why does this girl put up with it? The answer is because she is in love with him. She would do most anything for him. It is pretty interesting. I liked the film, but I'll warn you that it is dark.

D.L. White said...

Yeah, "Vertigo" is a trip, isn't it? Glad you had a chance to see it!