Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

It Was a Monster Bash!

As you know, most of the time I try to stay away from posting about my personal life and focus on discussing arts and entertainment, but I just had to give a shout-out to our friends Kat and Chris, who always throw the best Halloween parties. We attended their party this past Saturday. They are the royal couple pictured to the left. Aren't their costumes amazing? They looked like they'd stepped right out of the pages of a Medieval text.

Here is the motley roll call of party attendees: the royal lord and lady, the goddess Athena, a Dharma workman (my husband), Edgar Allan Poe's Raven (me), a sorceress, a KISS fan, a dead bride, two serial killers (they look just like everyone else), a pumpkin princess and "Daddy's Little Monster" (Kat and Chris' little boy in a cute Halloween t-shirt with that title). Those of you who watch LOST will understand my husband's Dharma workman costume.

We munched on wonderful goodies, such as "deviled" eggs, a "decrepit" cheese log with black crackers, drank witch's brew and got carnivoristic on some barbecue ribs. For desert we had carmel apples and I made a cake in the shape of a witch's spell book. Yum!

Of course, no K&C Halloween party would be complete without some party games. We played Pass the Apple (no hands), Spider Toes (my feet have never been so cold!) and Lupus in Tabula (i.e. Wolves at the Table - an old German party game, which has been turned into a card game.) We had a great time (although I don't think K&C's dogs were thrilled with the festivities) and everyone went home with a little gift.

To top it all off, on our way home, we saw the most beautiful harvest moon. It was a spook-tacular day. Thanks to Kat and Chris for making my favorite holiday extra-fun! For you loyal blog readers, leave me a comment and let me know if you went to any parties this weekend, or what your plans are for Halloween.

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Hey, that was a great review of our party. :D Thanks for attending and making it a spooktacular bash! Our party would never be complete without you and your cake was just amazing! Where are the pictures of your cake? It was sooooo wonderful. Sam even said, "the best reason to go to K&C's Halloween party is the awsome cake."

D.L. White said...

Aww...that was so nice of Sam to say. I just ran out of room on the post, otherwise I would have posted a picture of the cake.

Kathleen said...

Ivory looks so tired in that picture. I think she was just pooped after all the festivities. :P