- The Office writers talk about the strike.
- Find out when your favorite TV shows will go dark.
- LOST writer Damon Lindelof’s op ed piece about the strike.
- Find out what “force majeure” means (hint - it’s not good).
Additionally, this month is NaNoWriMo, otherwise known as National Novel Writing Month (but NaNoWriMo is more fun to say, isn’t it?). It’s an annual novel writing project where both professional and amateur writers from all over the world are challenged to write a 175-page (50,000 word) novel, starting November 1st and ending on midnight, November 30th. I have not accepted this challenge, but their gung-ho enthusiasm has been inspiring.
Last but not least, this month is also the one year anniversary of this humble little blog. As I looked back over my year’s worth of posts, I have decided my writing goals for the new year will be as follows:
1. Write more articles and less lists, even though I love making lists (case in point). In fact, did you know there is a blog dedicated solely to lists? The blogger even has a book out now, based on the lists.
2. Stick more to my purpose for this blog and write about the things I love (music, art, film, literature, etc.) instead of my everyday life. I don’t want this to turn into an autobiographical navel-gazing type thing. I get bored when I read about myself and the last thing I want to do is bore people.
3. Post more regularly and consistently. I was thinking about committing to deadlines, such as posting on every Tuesday and Thursday. That way, Loyal Readers, you will know what days to come check out the blog.
All this talk of writing has inspired me and I’m off to go work on a short story. In the meantime, leave me a comment and let me know what show you will miss the most during the strike OR let me know if you’ve taken up the NaNoWriMo challenge OR let me know any suggestions you may have for this blog. There’s your assignment – so get writing!