Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Will you have a happy or crappy 2008?

Here's a suggestion for all of my Loyal Readers. It actually came recommended to me from a friend of mine. In the new year, why not start a "Happiest/Crappiest" Journal?

Each night before my friend ends her day, she records her happiest moment from the day, and her crappiest moment. Happiest because she wants to focus on the good, and crappiest because she wants to keep things in perspective and realize how good her life really is.

Don't we all have that problem, of being in the heat of the moment and blowing our momentary trivial problems way out of proportion? Then when you look back on it later, it really wasn't that big of a deal. I know I have a tendency to do that.

For example, the happiest thing that happened to me today, was I got to spend a relaxing day at home with my husband. No "to do" list. No errands to run. No obligations except to relax. The crappiest thing that happened...I woke up with a sinus headache. Nothing that couldn't be remedied with a little Advil. All in all, it was a good day.

May you all have the happiest of new years and may 2008 hold an abundance of blessings for you! Drop me a comment and let me know what your happiest/crappiest moments of the day were, or let me know if you already keep a journal (prayer journal, gratitude journal, diary, etc.) What is it like to go back and read over things from a few months ago? What do you learn?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happiest Moment so far today - My daughter yelling Wake up, Daddy! This morning. My crappiest - realizing I had neglected to pay an invoice during the past month and a consultant had to contact the office. oops! - Chad

D.L. White said...

Hey Chad - thanks for playing along and posting! :)

Elizabeth C. said...

Today's happiest moment: Putting away the last of the Christmas decorations (finally!).

Crappiest moment: My daughter and husband headed to Texas and I won't see them for quite awhile. : (