Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

On the "Fringe"

Unfortunately, the season finale of LOST will not air until next Thursday. However, I still have a LOST-related post to bide our time with. Thanks to J.J. Abrams, I may have developed a fear of flying and will never get on another plane. First there was...

Flight 815
Orig: Sydney, Australia
Dest: Los Angeles, CA, USA

Now we have...

Flight 627
Orig: Hamburg, Germany
Dest: Boston, MA, USA

The husband and I were watching American Idol on Fox (Yes, I'll admit to watching it. It's a guilty pleasure.) and we were stopped in our tracks by a commercial for a new series by J.J. Abrams. For those of us addicted to LOST, all you have to do is mention the name "J.J. Abrams" and we start salivating in anticipation. So the minute we saw his name, we were intrigued. The two commercials or "trailers" we've seen for the show did not disappoint. (See links at the bottom of this post.)

The show is called Fringe and is described on IMDB as "a television drama centered around a female FBI agent who is forced to work with an institutionalized scientist in order to rationalize a brewing storm of unexplained phenomena."

Is this X-Files for the new generation? Or is this another slice of the secretive and paranormal Dharma world? My mind immediately jumped to that possibility when I saw Lance Reddick in the commercial. He is the actor who also plays the mysterious Matthew Abaddon on LOST. Then again, I've read that J.J. Abrams is loyal to the actors he enjoys working with and uses them in several projects, so maybe that's all it is.

Either way, I have a feeling this is the show I will be watching while LOST is in its off-season. Take a look at the trailers below, as well as FOX's website for the show and let me know what you think.



5 comments:

Laura said...

Yeah, it looks like "Silence of the Lambs" meets "Frankenstein". Should be good to pass the time until LOST picks up again...

Laura said...

I forgot to mention the extra finger on the poster... does it explain the missing toe from the statue on the island from LOST? ; )

D.L. White said...

lol at the extra finger = missing toe. That's hilarious! :P

raven said...

"I want to go back to before....I don't think you can...." That is a scary line.

A mysterious plane insident with flight number again, just like in Lost.

A modern day Frankenstein is a very interesting idea. I like it.

Why would this agent let Dr. Frankenstien experiment with her...I can understand the cow, but????

D.L. White said...

We can "never go back" once we've gotten sucked into a JJ Abrams TV show! lol