Pages

Monday, October 06, 2008

Happy Anniversary!


We are taking a break from the usually scheduled blog program, for a brief moment of absolutely mushy romantic sentimentality...

The first night I met my husband (long before I knew he was going to be my husband), we talked non-stop about music and our favorite bands (not much has changed) and I couldn't believe I'd met someone with such similar tastes. We went on to share a friendship and lots of hot chocolate and episodes of "Faulty Towers." He barely knew me, but found out it had been my birthday recently and he bought me the most perfect birthday gift. Needless to say, I was impressed.

Our first date was dinner in a Chinese restaurant about a year later, and the rest, as they say, is history. Two years later to the day, on October 6th, we were married in a historic Victorian rose garden. All these years later and he's still my best friend. He makes me laugh, he lets me sleep in late on Saturdays; he does the dishes for me; and buys me unexpected little gifts for no reason, like yummy peach rings (even though he thinks they are gross). He celebrates all the quirky interests I have (and shares most of them with me). He challenges me to step out of my comfort zone. He's patient with my faults. Did I mention he makes me laugh? :)

I married a former Army analyst, turned rock star, turned computer programmer, turned philosophy professor... who knows what the journey holds next! All I know is, he's still my best friend, and I love him to bits! Happy anniversary, sweetie!

Come grow old with me; the best is yet to be!

10 comments:

Laura said...

"Happy Anniversary to you.
Happy Anniversary to you.
Happy Anniversary, dear friends...
Happy Anniversary to you!"

We are so thankful God has brought us together at this time in our lives and we pray for His blessings for you both this year.

Congratulations!

Laura said...

p.s. Love the pic... thinking of Shawn as Joel from Eternal Sunshine made me giggle. :)

mikeo75 said...

First off, love the pic from Eternal Sunshine...what a fantastic movie.

Second, congrats!

Third...I believed everything you said except for Shawn being a rock star :)

D.L. White said...

The rock star thing is totally true... his band sold out venues... he had groupies (they hated my guts) that knew the words to all his songs and would yell out requests... he had roadies, a sound technician... the whole shebang. One of his songs was even played on the local radio station. He was a rock God. :) Learn somethin' new every day, don't ya?

mikeo75 said...

Wow, I still barely believe you though :)

That's crazy...groupies? Shawn? He's so quiet whenever I see him :)

D.L. White said...

Looks can be deceiving... :P Perhaps I need to find photographic evidence... :P

Elizabeth C. said...

There's nothing better than being married to your best friend! Congratulations to one of my favorite couples. May you have many more happy years together. Hugs to both of you, Elizabeth

Neena said...

Congrats and happy anniversary. I think ya'll are one of the best couples ever!!!

Jessie said...

Happy Anniversary. What a blessing to have found your soul mate.

The Trousered Ape said...

Well, I finally made it over here. :)

Thanks - that as a great blog. I love you too. :)

xoxoxo