Pages

Monday, September 14, 2009

Musical Interlude - Muse

I promise that a real post will be arriving shortly, until then, enjoy this musical interlude. I've done a post like this in the past, but I'm thinking about making this a regular Monday installment. Yeah, yeah... I can hear you now. "But D, you can't even stick to your Tue./Thur. regular posting schedule. Am I to believe you're going to add another posting day to your non-routine?" What can I say? All I know is that it would be fun to start out each week with a little music to get our blood pumping.

This is a live video of the band Muse playing "Hysteria" from their album Absolution. I think the album is near perfection, and this song is one of my favorites. The bridge/guitar solo in the middle of the song is near genius and takes me to my happy place every time I hear it. They made an offical video for this song, which is kind of trippy and reminiscent of a scene from Pink Floyd's The Wall (you can watch it here if you're curious), but I wanted to link to a live video so you could see them in all their awesomeness. When I first found out they were only a 3-piece band, I couldn't believe it, considering the massive sound they create. I figured it was all studio magic, that is, until I saw them live in concert. These three guys worked HARD and ROCKED the house! I was impressed.

Their new album, The Resistance, will be released tomorrow; just in time for my birthday next week...ahem... for those of you to whom that information would be of importance. (wink wink, nudge nudge). Does my husband even read my blog anymore?

So enjoy the video and, if you know nothing about Muse, be sure to check out their other videos for "Starlight", "Time is Running Out", and "Sing for Absoultion". While you do that, I'm going to sit here and see how many seconds it takes for Raven to leave a comment about how she dislikes this band and the lead singer's "whiny" voice. (By the way, I welcome dissenting opinions; it's part of what makes life - and art - interesting.)



"Hysteria" by Muse

It's bugging me,
Grating me,
And twisting me around.
Yeah, I'm endlessly,
Caving in,
And turning inside out.

'Cause I want it now.
I want it now.
Give me your heart and your soul.
And I'm breaking out,
I'm breaking out.
Last chance to lose control.

It's holding me,
Morphing me,
And forcing me to strive,
To be endlessly cold within,
And dreaming I'm alive.

'Cause I want it now.
I want it now.
Give me your heart and your soul.
And I'm breaking out,
I'm breaking out.
Last chance to lose control.

And want you now,
I want you now.
I'll feel my heart implode.
And I'm breaking out,
Escaping now,
Feeling my faith erode.

No comments: