Pages

Monday, December 28, 2009

Musical Interlude - OK GO

As we all recover from the food coma I'm sure we all experienced over the holiday weekend, I thought I'd give you a song to get your blood pumping again from the band OK GO. I'm not sure how to describe this band, to call them rock pop or pop rock. (No, that can't be right... Pop Rocks is not a band, it's a candy.)

Most people know OK GO from the viral videos they did on You Tube for their song "A Million Ways To Be Cruel", where they did a silly dance routine in their backyard, and, even more famous, the video for the song "Here It Goes Again" where they did a crazy routine on treadmills. If you are one of the few people left on the planet who has not seen this video, it's definitely worth a watch. However, my favorite song of theirs is "Do What You Want". Every time I hear it, I have an uncontrollable urge to get up and jam. I love the way the video was filmed too (with multiple stop-motion cameras, timed with the beat of the song).

Just a word of caution, if you have motion sickness, this video might trip you out. Also, You Tube won't let me embed the video, so just click on the picture below and it will launch the You Tube video in a new window.

Do What You Want
By OK GO

So you were born
In an electrical storm,
Took a bite out the sun
And saw your future in a machine built for two.

Now your rays
Make me kind of go crazy,
Shock and awe and amaze me,
Just a ticker tape parade and me,

But something was wrong
Till you tap danced on the air,
In the night.
Screaming at the top of your
Lungs, you said,

(CHORUS)
"Come on, come on.
Do what you want.
What could go wrong?
Oh come on come on come on,
Come on, do what you want.
Oh come on come on.
What could go wrong?
Do do do do what you want." Come on.

Me, I was raised
Amid the trickle-down days.
I woke up numb in the haze
And saw my future machine built for two,

But the light
Gave me some kind of fright.
How did wrong get so right and lead me stumbling
Through the dark of night?

Oh something was wrong,
But you tap danced on the air,
In the night,
Screaming at the top of your lungs you said,

(CHORUS)

No comments: