Pages

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Let's get LOST! (Episode 6:13 The Last Recruit)

If you haven't seen this week's episode of LOST yet...
BEWARE! HERE THERE BE SPOILERS!
Don't say you weren't warned. Now that we've got that out of the way, let's talk LOST!

There was a lot of action in this episode. A lot of moving and shaking and boat-taking and side-changing and meet-ups - and that goes for both sides of the timeline. Everyone's worlds were colliding in the alternate universe. Jack and Claire were at a lawyer's office, who just happened to be Ilana. Sawyer has Kate on lock down at the station, then runs out to arrest Sayid for shooting Keemy. Locke is being shipped to the hospital after being run down by Desmond and, sure enough, Jack gets paged to do his spinal surgery. This is what I refer to as a "transitional" show, where it isn't really centered on any one character, but the writers are moving everyone around and getting them in place for the next scene. That doesn't mean there weren't some good moments though. Here are my favorite.

I thought this was the most shocking moment of the night:
Claire didn't shoot Kate.
tied with
Sawyer gives Jack a choice, and Jack jumps off the yacht.

Claire just got through telling Jack that the reason she stayed with Locke is because she felt like everyone else had abandoned her. Then she sees them take off into the woods without her. That look she shot them gave me the shivers. She was at DEFCON-10 when she strolled up to the yacht and confronted them with her rifle. Then, of all people to talk her down, Kate steps up. I shook my head, just knowing that this was a bad mix and that either Kate or Claire was going to die in that stand-off. So color me surprised when it all worked out and she climbed on the boat with them. Huh? Then for Sawyer to give Jack an ultimatum and for Jack to continue to be a man of faith and jump off the boat. Huh? When Jack washed up on shore, Locke told him, "It's okay, you're with me now." But is Jack really choosing to be with Team Smokey? Really? Is he the "last recruit" that the episode title refers to? Oh, LOST... you drive me crazy.

I thought this was the most heartbreaking moment of the night:

Sun and Jin are FINALLY reunited after three years apart.

I knew we'd finally get to see this. I was looking forward to it. And it was so sweet. I hope Sun and Jin get the happy ending they deserve. They've been through all kinds of terrible things. I want them to go home to their daughter and have the life they've always been striving towards, away from the island, free from the repressive hand of Sun's father. They deserve it.

And finally, here the funny moment of the night:
Sawyer: "We're gonna ditch Locke. You, me Jack, Hurley, Sun and that pilot that looks like he's stepped off the set of a Burt Reynolds movie."
Kate: "You didn't say Claire."
Sawyer: "She ain't comin'.
Kate: "I promised I would bring her back."
Sawyer: "That was before she started drinkin' Locke's kool-aid."


Is Desmond dead in the well? Nah. I don't think Sayid shot him. In fact, when Smokey found him, I think Sayid was looking up into the trees, looking for a vine to throw down to Desmond to help him out. Maybe he's not completely eeevil? I think it was Smokey (or maybe Jacob) that said a "war was coming" and it looks like that might be what we see in the next episode. Widmore is launching missiles at the main island and Smokey looks like he's finally ready to retaliate. What is Zoe and Widmore going to do with the Losties on their island? How is Smokey going to get past the sonic fence? What is Jack's role in all of this? What is the status of Desmond! I can't believe we have to wait two weeks for the answer! Leave me a comment and let me know what your thoughts and theories are.

No comments: