Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

Musical Interlude - We Are The Fallen

Once upon a time, little D. discovered a band called Evanescence. She sat, enraptured in front of the stereo, as she listened to their debut album, and found it was like someone had crawled inside her head and written a soundtrack to what goes on there. This is a very rare occurance. Only two other bands had been able to accomplish this. She was in love with the music. She experienced an unexplainable connection to the sound. If you could have worn out a CD, she would have, from listening to it so much.

Then, like any good thing, it had to end. The band became famous. In fact, it became HUGE. And like any new band that experiences a fierce debut success and metoric rise, it came crashing down in flames just as quickly. The lead singer, Amy Lee, carried on with the band name, and several years later put out a second album, but it was never the same. The spark just wasn't there. What a sad, tragic story.

Then, sweet D. began to hope, as she heard whispers of a new band, called We Are the Fallen. This new incarnation consisted of guitarists Ben Moody and John LeCompt and drummer Rocky Gray, formerly of Evanescence, bassist Marty O'Brien from Distiburbed/Static-X, and Carly Smithson on vocals, formerly of American Idol fame. Would this new line-up, led by the co-founder of Evanescence, be able to find that magical musical place? We would like to answer that question with an emphatic "Yes!" and end this little story with the phrase, "...and they all lived happily ever after", but for D., the verdict is still out, as she continues to listen to and contemplate the new album. It may never be like that first kismet moment, and the heart of the music once created by Amy Lee and Ben Moody may be dead forever, but this new album is pretty good...

So, little ones, since you sat so well and listened to this little tale, here is a treat for you. The new single from We Are the Fallen called "Bury Me Alive." And please don't be tempted to pish-posh it simply on the title alone. Hint - it's not about cemetaries or coffins. It's a metaphor. ;-)





Bury Me Alive
by We Are the Fallen

There's no use in crying
all my tears won't drown my pain
Free me from your sorrow
I can't grieve you again
I watched you let yourself die
and now it's too late to save you this time

You bury me alive

and everybody's gotta breathe
Some how don't leave to die
You're too consumed by all your emptiness and lies

All I did was love you
now I hate the nightmare you've become
I can't let you fool me
I won't need you again
I watched you let yourself die
and now it's too late to save you this time

You bury me alive
and everybody's gotta breathe
Some how don't leave to die
You're too consumed by all your emptiness and lies

Can't feel this love we used to hold
all I see is black and cold
As I try to pull you down,
to the ground, the ground

Everybody's gotta breathe
some how don't leave me to die
You're too consumed by all your emptiness and lies

You bury me alive
and everybody's gotta breathe
Some how don't leave to die
You're too consumed by all your emptiness and lies

No comments: