Pages

Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Musical Interlude - Whipped Cream

No need to prepare the preparations, the new Ludo album is here and it is a-maz-ing! I dare say it is their best album yet. In listening to it, I feel such a kinship with the band members. It's like they crawled inside my head and wrote a soundtrack for what they found there (although I'll admit I don't think my imagination and dreams are as witty as they are).  In my final post celebrating their new album release, I was going to tell you my initial thoughts about it and give you a taste for what it's like. But why re-create (or in this case, re-write) the wheel when it's already been done?  Instead, go read this article which describes the album per-fect-ly. Here's my favorite quote:

"The product of brave choices and skilled execution by the band, 'Prepare the Preparations' is funny, fantastical, epic, intimate, heartfelt, haunting and unapologetically nerdy. It’s an incredibly entertaining album with no reservations that is 100-percent Ludo."

Below are the videos for the first single off the new album: "Whipped Cream".  Similar to their song "Go-Getter Greg", this song pokes fun at the creepy guys with the cheesy pick-up lines. This isn't my favorite song (although it is hard to pick a favorite on this album, since they are all so different) but this the only one they've made a video for so far.  In fact, they've made two videos. The band likes to make their own homemade videos (just search for "The Ludo Video Thing" on YouTube and you'll see what I mean).  So I've posted both the studio version of the music video and their homemade version.  They're both funny, but I think I like their homemade one better. Enjoy!



2 comments:

hyacinthinemoon said...

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the new album! It is just fantastic! I love how every song is a different style. There are so many catchy tunes and melodies and several are very romantic, and others humorous. Of corse each song tells a story! What a great band! I can't thank you enough for introducing me to LUDO.

D.L. White said...

I'm so glad you love the new album! Isn't it wonderful?!?