Pages

Sunday, October 24, 2010

13 Days of Halloween - Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!

Since I'm busy with all my crafts and assorted errands in preparation for all the Halloween activities this week, I'm going to keep this post short and sweet tonight, (or should I say short and creepy?). I love Edgar Allan Poe - he was an innovator of poetry and the mystery/thriller genre. He was an amazing, albeit tortured, author. I don't have the words or the time to go into it here (maybe another post for another time?).  I also love Vincent Price. I could listen to him read the phone book. He has a beautiful, eloquent and yet sinister voice.  And his films will also take a rightful place in horror movie history.  So combine the two together...ah... pure genius! 

And yes, that picture above is me dressed as a raven from Halloween a couple years ago.  I went around quoting "The Raven" all day (and probably driving everyone in my office nuts).

2 comments:

Laura said...

I love that picture of you. :)

I don't feel like I can say I love Halloween compared to how much YOU love it, but I do love the colors and decorations that coincide with fall, which is my favorite season containing my favorite holiday of Thanksgiving.

D.L. White said...

That is definitely part of it - Fall is my favorite season too!

(Although I wish we were enjoying more of the Fall-type weather here - what is up with the weather this year!?!?)