Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

Musical Interlude - Pretty Reckless

I'd never heard of The Pretty Reckless, until a friend forwarded this video to me, of the band playing their song "Make Me Wanna Die" on the Late Night Show.  I also don't know who Taylor Momsen is, outside of being the lead singer of this band, and you know what, I don't really care, because this song rocks, and she has one of those rare things - a female voice that is completely suited to sing rock and roll.

Driving guitars? Check.
Rockin' lead singer? Check.
Creepy organ music? Double-check.
Yes, please may I have some more?

This will get your blood pumping on a Monday morning. Enjoy!  (Not ready for something loud like this? Try this haunting acoustic song instead.  I'm just as much in love with it as I am this song.)

4 comments:

Laura said...

Um, I know who Taylor Momsen *used* to be...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc7XixGmQt8&feature=related

D.L. White said...

Oh my... what a difference a few years (and lots of black eye makeup) make!!! That's crazy!

hyacinthinemoon said...

I just love this song with Paul Schaefer's awsome organ playing! I wish the original song had the organ too, but it is still a good song. I like her stage presence, she doesn't have to dance around or have back up dances or back up vocal, she stands alone with just her band. Her lead guitar player is great too. I really like her voice, it is just suited for Rock! I know Taylor was Mary Lu Who from the "Grench Who Stole Christmas" movie..haha. She was so cute as a little girl, but she had to grow up some time.

D.L. White said...

Yeah, this version is definitely better than the studio/album version. Love the creepy organ!