Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Teatime Tuesday - Winter Dream

It seems like tea and coffee gift packs or gift baskets are a popular gift item around the holidays, especially when people find out you're a tea or coffee junkie. Most of the time, those baskets contain some of the most overly-processed, forgettable, tasteless, bitter teas ever to be packaged. I'm speaking from experience here. However, last year I was gifted with a box of assorted teas from the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, and it was an entirely different experience.

There is a Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf coffee shop very close to where I live, but since I make most of my tea at home, I'd never had tea from one of these coffee shops before. All the teas in the box were wonderful in taste and were presented in nice silk tea bags, but one stood out from the rest - Winter Dream Tea.

This tea was, hands down, amazing and very aptly named - it is a dream! According to the website, it is a "blend of Ceylon black tea and South African rooiboos, with traditional sweet mulling spices." Call it what you will, I call it "YUM!" It was like actually drinking Christmas straight out of a mug. I hoarded this tea and rationed it out to myself as a very special treat, trying to make it last as long as I possibly could. It was a futile effort, and very soon I was completely out. So I jumped in the car and drove to the Coffee Bean, only to discover they were sold out. I figured, "No problem, they'll have more in stock in a couple of days." Oh no, no no. This is a seasonal blend that they only offer around the holidays, and they were done stocking it for that season. I almost cried right there in the store. Suffice it to say, I'm going to take out a small loan this year and buy up as many tins as I possibly can. Yes, it really is that good.

Oh, and if you're looking for a gift to put under the tree for little ol' me, then look no further. A tin of this tea would make me so very happy! (Hint, hint, dear hubby.)

2 comments:

Laura said...

When we were in Kenya, I had chai tea that was cooked with milk and sugar with cardamom. I have been on a quest of sorts to find a duplicate for almost 10 years with no success. If Winter Dream is ANYTHING like it, I will purchase a case.

Since there is no Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf in Anthem, may I give you my order for a one tin sample, please?

D.L. White said...

Most certainly! I was already planning on delivering a sample to you! You simply *must* try it! :)